Credential Engine Technical Site
Technical Advisory Group
The Technical Advisory Group (TAG) promotes collaboration across, and harmonization of, standardization initiatives that are developing data models, vocabularies, and schemas for credentials and competency frameworks, and related competency information such as criticality ratings and assessment data typically captured with a wide variety of systems.
The goal is to identify, document and openly share solutions that support comparability of credentials and competencies across industries/sectors, human resource systems, education, and government systems.
Developers are able to leverage the the Credential Registry API to build applications that can read or publish as much or as little information about credentials as they need to.
The Credential Engine project's developers are using Dublin Core Application Profiles process to create systems that communicate all virtually all aspects of credentials.
Other Publishing Options
In addition to the Registry Assistant Publishing API, Credential Engine offers the following options for publishing to the Credential Registry:
- Manual Entry
- Bulk Upload
Create a Search Widget
Credential Engine offers a way for non-technical participants to enable a credential search on their own website. The Credential Finder Widget can be customized to match your site's theme and your preferences for automatic filtering, so that the results it shows can be more closely tailored to your site's purposes.
Join Credential Engine
Visit the Credential Engine website to:
- Learn more about Credential Engine
- Subscribe to updates
- Become a participant or partner
Thank you to all TAG members that were able to participate in the November TAG meeting this past Friday, November 30, 2018. For all TAG members, attached, you will find the presentation used during Friday's meeting.
Below I have provided additional information related to the November TAG meeting.
With the holidays quickly approaching, we will not be meeting in the month of December and will re-convene in the new year. We will share information on the Pathways Proposal before the end of the year.
Below are the proposed 2019 TAG Meeting schedule. TAG members will also receive calendar invites for the proposed 2019 schedule.
2019 Technical Advisory Group Meeting Schedule:
- January 25, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- February 22, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- March 29, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- April 26, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- May 31, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- June 28, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- July 26, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- August 30, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- September 27, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- October 25, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- November 29, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
Reminder: The next Credential Engine Technical Advisory Group (TAG) webinar is scheduled for this Friday, November 30th at 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST.
- Briefing on UNESCO and OECD meetings in Paris on November 26-28, 2018
- Advancing the Pathways Terms Proposal
- Credential Registry
- Demo of the Quick Start Guides for Developers
- Publishing to and Consuming from the Registry
- Demo of the new Graph Search
- Account System Access to API Keys for Search now available
- Demo of accessing API Keys for Search
- Demo of using the new Search API endpoint
- Competency Connections
- Competency Connections through Condition Profile and Condition Manifest
- CE/CASS Updates
- Next Steps
Thank you to all TAG members that were able to participate in the October TAG meeting this past Friday, October 26, 2018.
Below are links to additional information related to the October TAG meeting.
- TAG Google Drive Folder - https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1O9Uwqcirlykewot3SNxhbkwbiQ_MPzXk
- October 26, 2018 TAG Folder - https://drive.google.com/drive/u/3/folders/1h5G1UnJiYFR4EKutdEs0kr4C-_UTp9qp?ogsrc=32
- October 26, 2018 TAG Summary - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SPFyNEgPgg5drJdqjCzqyKNi8WrqxtGi3ZoJmILChPM/edit?usp=sharing
- TAG Google Group - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/credentialenginetech
Credential Engine strives to ensure our data meets the needs of all stakeholders, which sometimes requires updates to our technology infrastructure. Today, the information in the Credential Registry is being republished to fit a new data design. The data in the Registry will look the same when you access it on Credential Finder, but will allow for easier consumption by application developers.
In addition to this technology refresh, after gathering feedback and following our policy update protocol, we've added In Language to the minimum data policy; it will now be a required element for credentials, learning opportunities, and assessments. Any credential, learning opportunity, or assessment that is already published to the Registry will be automatically updated to include the language. However, anyone who has published to the Registry might use this opportunity to review their information and ensure it is up to date and accurate. We also encourage you to add more information to your existing credentials, or add new credentials to the registry.
As always, thank you for your continued support. If you have any questions, please direct them to email@example.com.
The next Credential Engine Technical Advisory Group (TAG) meeting is this Friday, October 26, 2018 at 11AM EST / 10AM CST / 9AM MT / 8AM PST.
- Reminder - Register for Credential Engine’s 1st Learn and Build Summit
- Proposal for TAG Review: Github Pathway Class Proposal
- Credential Engine Process - Significant Managed CTDL Specification Updates
- Credential Registry:
- Summary of Graph Design Implementation
- Minimum Data Policy
- Updated Graph Search Query Interface
- Credential Engine Account Systems: Create Account/Select Consuming Options
- Keys to Access Search Endpoint
- Credential Registry Handbook: Use the Updated Search Guidance
- Updated Guidance for Developers: Consuming from the Registry
- Credential Registry Publishing Option Updates:
- Upload Assessments
- Upload Learning Opportunities
- Entering and Uploading Competency Frameworks