This guide is for developers looking to quickly start using the Credential Registry to search for credentials and related information.
Get Your Account
You will need a Credential Engine user account and an approved Organization Account to publish to search the Registry:
- If you don't have one already, register your user account.
- If your organization already has an organization account, they can invite you to join it via your email address. Otherwise, you will need to create and submit an organization account from your dashboard after logging in.
- Select the appropriate options for searching the Registry that apply to your organization.
Review the Use Cases
Review the Use Cases to discover the types of problems that the Credential Transparency Description Language (CTDL) and the Registry aim to solve.
In order to search the Registry, you will need to familiarize yourself with CTDL. The CTDL Explorer provides a quick reference for learning what data resides where in CTDL records in the Registry. This will help you develop queries to send to the search API.
There are several options for consuming data. Review the options below and select the best one for your use case. Note that all of these options except for direct record access require an approved Credential organization account and an API Key.
- Get Records Directly - Use this when you need to directly access individual records in the Registry by their CTID. No API key required.
- Credential Finder Widget - This customized version of the Credential Finder search will allow you to tailor a custom search for your website.
- Bulk Download - Use this to download/import all records from the registry to your system.
- Search API - The search API uses powerful graph queries to find data via its connections to other data in the Registry.