Credential Engine Technical Site
Technical Advisory Group
The Technical Advisory Group (TAG) promotes collaboration across, and harmonization of, standardization initiatives that are developing data models, vocabularies, and schemas for credentials and competency frameworks, and related competency information such as criticality ratings and assessment data typically captured with a wide variety of systems.
The goal is to identify, document and openly share solutions that support comparability of credentials and competencies across industries/sectors, human resource systems, education, and government systems.
Developers are able to leverage the the Credential Registry API to build applications that can read or publish as much or as little information about credentials as they need to.
The Credential Engine project's developers are using Dublin Core Application Profiles process to create systems that communicate all virtually all aspects of credentials.
Other Publishing Options
In addition to the Registry Assistant Publishing API, Credential Engine offers the following options for publishing to the Credential Registry:
- Manual Entry
- Bulk Upload
For more information on setting up your account and getting started with any of the publishing methods, click here.
Create a Search Widget
Credential Engine offers a way for non-technical participants to enable a credential search on their own website. The Credential Finder Widget can be customized to match your site's theme and your preferences for automatic filtering, so that the results it shows can be more closely tailored to your site's purposes.
Join Credential Engine
Visit the Credential Engine website to:
- Learn more about Credential Engine
- Subscribe to updates
- Become a participant or partner
Thank you to all TAG members that were able to participate in the November TAG meeting this past Friday, November 30, 2018.
Below is additional information related to the November TAG meeting.
With the holidays quickly approaching, we will not be meeting in the month of December and will re-convene in the new year. We will share information on the Pathways Proposal before the end of the year.
Below are the proposed 2019 TAG Meeting schedule. TAG members will also receive calendar invites for the proposed 2019 schedule.
2019 Technical Advisory Group Meeting Schedule:
- January 25, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- February 22, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- March 29, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- April 26, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- May 31, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- June 28, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- July 26, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- August 30, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- September 27, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- October 25, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
- November 29, 2019 - 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST
We are happy to announce that the February 2019 release of CTDL and CTDL-ASN are now in pending and ready for comments:
The major focus of this release is the addition of Career and Education Pathways to CTDL. Pathways allow describing a sequence of credentials and related information that ultimately lead to a goal, such as a career or credential.
The CTDL and CTDL-ASN schemas will be officially updated on Friday, February 22nd, 2019.
We invite the community to leave feedback in our Github.
Reminder: The next Credential Engine Technical Advisory Group (TAG) webinar is scheduled for this Friday, January 25th at 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST.
- Pathways Proposal and Task Group Update
- Creation of Applications Working Group (AWG)
- Creation of Employment and Earnings Task Groups (EETG)
- 2019 Technical Topics
- Next Steps
Good morning and Happy New Year!
On Friday, November 30th the PWG met, along with the Technical Advisory Group, to discuss the Pathways term proposal in the Credential Transparency Descriptive Language (CTDL). During this meeting Stuart Sutton provided an overview of the current Pathways Proposal. Mr. Sutton walked through and discussed the "Overview" document, Term Declarations, and Example encodings.
After this discussion, PWG and TAG members were asked to individually to do a deeper review of these resources, posting comments and questions to the TAG and PWG Google Groups. Below I have provided direct links to the PWG and TAG Google Groups. These discussion will continue through January 10, 2019.
On January 10, 2019, the Credential Engine Higher Education, Business, Certification and Licensure, and Quality Assurance advisory groups will review and comment on the proposal. After any necessary refinement and updates stemming from feedback, the model terms will go through the Credential Engine standard release process.
If you are interested in participating in the Pathways Term Proposal Information Webinar on Thursday, January 10th please register here. We are offering morning and afternoon sessions for your convenience.
Reminder: The 2018 release of CTDL will occur on December 28th, 2018.
This release has a few small changes:
- Instructional Program Type added to Credential
- Assessment Delivery Type (new property) added to Credential
- Learning Delivery Type (new property) added to Credential
For more information, visit the pending entry on the CTDL Release History page.