Credential Engine Technical Site
Technical Advisory Group
The Technical Advisory Group (TAG) promotes collaboration across, and harmonization of, standardization initiatives that are developing data models, vocabularies, and schemas for credentials and competency frameworks, and related competency information such as criticality ratings and assessment data typically captured with a wide variety of systems.
The goal is to identify, document and openly share solutions that support comparability of credentials and competencies across industries/sectors, human resource systems, education, and government systems.
The Application Work Group (AWG) is a standing subgroup of the TAG and supports members who are using Credential Engine data to design and/or develop applications. Credential Engine will provide technical team support, and online tools (e.g., GitHub repository, Slack Channel, Google Docs) and host meetings to bring members together to foster support. Anyone interested in sharing technical challenges and solutions is welcome to join the Applications Work Group.
Developers are able to leverage the the Credential Registry API to build applications that can read or publish as much or as little information about credentials as they need to.
The Credential Engine project's developers are using Dublin Core Application Profiles process to create systems that communicate all virtually all aspects of credentials.
Credential Engine offers the following options for publishing to the Credential Registry:
- Registry Assistant Publishing API
- Manual Entry
- Bulk Upload
For more information on setting up your account and getting started with any of the publishing methods, click here.
Credential Engine offers a robust search API to enable developers to leverage the wealth of data contained in the registry, using the CTDL and CTDL-ASN schemas.
Credential Engine offers a way for non-technical participants to enable a credential search on their own website. The Credential Finder Widget can be customized to match your site's theme and your preferences for automatic filtering, so that the results it shows can be more closely tailored to your site's purposes.
Join Credential Engine
Visit the Credential Engine website to:
- Learn more about Credential Engine
- Subscribe to updates
- Become a participant or partner
Thank you to all members that were able to participate in the May 29, 2020 TAG meeting. For all TAG members, attached, you will find the presentation used during the May TAG meeting.
Below you will find additional information related to the May TAG Meeting:
- May 2020 TAG PowerPoint Presentation
- DRAFT CTDL and Registry ILR Guide Feedback
- Credential Term: Completion Certificate
- May 2020 CTDL Release
- CTDL Minimum Data Policy
- Publishing Your Pathway
- TAG Google Group
- Please provide any additional feedback on the new Certificate of Completion subclass by COB Friday, May 29, 2020.
- Provide feedback on the DRAFT Credential Engine Guide Supporting ILRs.
- Join either or both of the CTDL Task Groups, watch for emailed information and Google Group posting.
- Transfer Value
- Education/Training to Jobs
Thanks to all who were able to participate with the Credential Transparency Description Language (CTDL) Pathways Minimum Data Policy for Publishing. See the archived webinar here. During the webinar we reviewed the following:
- PowerPoint - Reviewing Pathway Terms, Proposed Policy and Publishing Plan
- Credential Registry Minimum Data Policy Proposal for Pathway Terms - This document is for your review to provide feedback.on the proposed policy.
- Credential Registry Minimum Data Policy Web Page - To view the “Pending” policy updates per the minimum data policy proposal for pathway terms, from the bottom of the screen, click on “Selected Sections” and select only: Pathway Set, Pathway, and Pathway Component then click on “Policy Status” only select Pending. Now you can scroll down and see the proposed policy updates to include the Pathway terms.
Please provide your feedback on the Credential Registry Minimum Data Policy Proposal for Pathway Terms using any of these options by Friday, May 15, 2020: